Bart van Kersavond was born and raised in Belgium. He studied Arabic in Algeria from 1992-1993, has worked as a web developer since 1997, and lived in Berlin from 2000 to 2016, where he was inspired by the street art scene and started documenting it photographically and founded an art blog in 2013. Besides festivals and exhibitions in Europe, he documents the early phase and development of street art in Marrakech since 2007. In the same year he co-founded the digital communication agency AUGUSTFIRST.
In 2018 he founded his own freelance company weCombine, which focuses on the cooperation with cultural institutions for creative projects, such as the Marrakech Biennale in 2014, and the further development of his art blog urbanpresents.net. In 2018 he was one of the photographers for the first Urban Art Week Berlin. Bart lives and works in Cologne and Berlin, Germany.
- 1974 / born - belgium
- 1992 / overseas experience - algeria
- 1997 / bachelor mechanical engineering - gent
- 1997 / idmedia, working as web developer - aalen
- 2000 / idmedia, production manager - berlin
- 2003 / freelancing - berlin
- 2007 / founding AUGUSTFIRST
- 2015 / founding urbanpresents.net
- oct 2016 / moving to cologne
- 2018 / founding weCombine.net
Bart van Kersavond
Mauenheimer Strasse 53